PKB’s Clean-Room Bearing Maintenance and Re-lubrication Center meets Class-6, with Class-5 Clean Benches, per ISO 14644-1.
PKB manufactures bearings up to 1.125″ O.D.
Pacamor Kubar Bearings is pleased to offer clean-room services.
Have your ball bearings been in a stock room for 3 years or longer?
Is the lube discolored or the packaging damaged?
Did your stockroom temperature and humidity ever fluctuate?
PKB’s quality certified factory and clean-room are the right place to refurbish your ball bearing inventory.
Who better, than the ball bearing manufacturer, to re-lubricate your aging bearing inventory?
- Wash & re-lube with the same lubricant
- Wash & change the lubricant to a different lubricant and/or lubrication process
- Options include, but not limited to:
Lube Weight Documentation
- Grease Plate
- Oil Film
- Oil Plate
- Dip & Drain
- Dry-Film Lubricants (Dicronite, etc.)
- Lube Dry (wash only)
- Vacuum Impregnation
- Lubricant & Solvent Mixtures
- Lube Weight Documentation
- PKB Stock Lubricants
- PKB Specialty Lubricants
- Customer-Supplied Specialty Lubricants
- Bearings repackaged in PKB Standard Clean Bags
- Bearings repackaged in specialty bags, to your specification
- Intimate bearing packaging in Class 6 Clean Room, with Class 5 Clean Benches, meeting ISO 14644-1.
- Packaging options include, but not limited to:
- Nitrogen purge
- 1A8 bags
- Vial pack
- Pill pack
- Other specialty packaging materials & processes
Why Maintain Proper Bearing Lubrication?
Class 6 Clean Room with Class 5 Clean Benches, meeting ISO 14644-1
Proper lubricant can reduce friction, prevent bearing wear, protect bearing surfaces from corrosion, and carry away excess heat during bearing operation.
Bearings operate on a very thin film of lubricant which must be maintained, or replaced, to ensure that maximum bearing life is achieved.
Proper selection, application, and maintenance are vital in maximizing bearing life.
Maintaining your bearings with proper lubrication will reduce friction and wear.
Can PKB Re-lube Bearings That Were Manufactured By Other Companies?
Yes. PKB regularly performs re-lubrication services on bearings that were originally manufactured by other bearing companies.
When Should Bearings be Re-lubed?
PKB recommends that bearings should be re-lubed within three (3) years of the original manufacturer’s lube date, or if any of the following conditions occur:
- Bearings have been subjected to temperature or humidity conditions outside of the recommended temperature range
- Bearings have become contaminated
- The original packaging has become damaged
- If you’re unsure of the lubricant’s expiration date
- There is any question about the quality, condition, or type of lubricant in the bearings
- The bearing lubrication appears to have separated, discolored, or otherwise changed appearance
Can’t I Just Wash Out the Lubrication and Install New Lube?
Many 440C Stainless Steel Bearings that are used in Aerospace, Medical, and other applications, can be cleaned and re-lubricated, in proper clean-room conditions, and by trained personnel. Improper handling can result in cross contamination, problems with wettability on balls & bearing races, or ball & raceway damage. Other components affected or broken, are the retainers, seals, shields, balls, or wires. PKB provides bearing wash and re-lubrication services, for many Aerospace OEM’s and authorized re-sellers, in our factory clean-room.
|Bearing Lubrication – Most Requested Oils
@ 100 F
@ 210 F
|Operating Range (F)
||-65 to +300
||-65 TO +300
||-65 to +500
||-30 TO +550
|Bearing Lubrication – Most Requested Greases
||Operating Range (F)
||-100 TO +300
||-65 TO +250
||-100 TO +500
||-65 TO +350
||BLUE / GREEN
||-20 to +350
||-30 TO +550
||-85 TO +400
Please Contact PKB for a quote to rework your in-house bearings, with new lubricant, or to make a lubricant change.
More about Bearing Lubrication from PKB:
The most popular bearing lubricants are listed on our Lubrication Page. Many more oil, grease and dry-film lubricant options are available, upon request.
More How-To Guides: